In early December, I pulled together a team of Pacific Northwest wedding vendors and coordinated a styled wedding shoot. You might be thinking, ‘what is a styled shoot?’ (It’s okay, I've been asked this question multiple times!) A styled shoot gives vendors the opportunity to collaborate and showcase unique ideas, upcoming wedding trends and theme ideas.
We did the shoot at Swiftwater Cellars, a winery in Suncadia Washington. The venue is about an hour and a half outside of Seattle. I choose this venue for the shoot because I was craving a snowy backdrop and the venue is stunning in the winter. Summer too, take a peek here.
The theme is Winter Romance, I incorporated blue and sage green tones and mixed in deep reds with pops of light pink and vintage gold pieces. My inspiration was really the winter season, (and I secretly want a winter wedding!). Many couples in Washington get married between May and September, obviously our warmest and non-rainy months of the year. So, I wanted to showcase how you can have your wedding in the winter without it being holiday inspired.
The floral was fresh and dramatic, which really bought the shoot to life. The table setting was a collection of vintage pieces from the flatware to the cookie bar. The gown was elegant and the backdrop of the mountains was stunning. Every little detail came together perfectly. Please view the slideshow below (full album on Facebook) and I’ve listed all the vendors involved; ALL fabulous and ALL highly recommended!
- Planner: (me!) Kayla Cook Events
- Venue: Swiftwater Cellars (Instagram & Website)
- Photography: Luma Weddings (Instagram & Website)
- Floral: From The Ground Up Floral (Instagram & Website)
- Dress: The Dress Theory (Instagram & Website)
- Chalk Art: Dutton Designs (Instagram)
- Jewelry: Rachel Brooks Jewelry (Instagram & Website)
- Paper Goods: The Paper Feather (Instagram & Website)
- Hair & Makeup: The Outer Edge (Instagram & Website)
- Table Decor & Bar: Balancing Balloons (Instagram & Website)
- Furniture and Throws: Fanciful Rentals (Instagram & Website)
- Couple: Melissa & Andrew Aziz (Melissa & Andrew)