Packing a suitcase for a 10 day vacay, is kind of like packing a party, in a suitcase. Right?Below are some simple packing guidelines I stick to when I start loading up my bags.
1. Consider the weather. Is it going to get chilly at night? Have you checked the forecast for rain? A rainy vacation is not ideal but you want to be prepared. Rain or shine!
2. The Layered Effect. Bring pieces you can layer up or use in multiple ways. Cover-ups that can be used as sundresses, a maxi that can be worn at night with a statement necklace.
3. SPF & Sunnies. Protect your skin from the sun. I swore off sun about 2 years ago; 2 years too late. Usually the shelf life of SPF is about a year; so if you brought it on your vacation last year, you better toss it.
4. Travel Size. This is will make your life SO MUCH easier. I promise. Find a local drug store and stock up on travel sized toiletries. It will gave you so much extra space in your suitcase.
5. Book & Reading Materials. ...maybe the latest episode of GOT, not kidding. Pick up a good book, something you can drive into and really enjoy. And of course, the staples: US Weekly, InStyle, People :)